Organizations have a new urgency in enabling frontline workers to make data-driven decisions. With increased digital dexterity among customers and fast-changing market conditions, uncertainties, and disruptions, it’s never been more crucial for organizations to use data and analytics to inform their decisions and their next moves.
Modern self-service analytics tools can enable frontline workers to easily pose their own data queries. To increase the understanding and importance of self-services analytics tools, HBR–Analytic Services recently highlighted the steps businesses must take to empower their employees to make these decisions and take action to improve business performance.
On February 17, in a live HBR-AS video webinar, Alex Clemente shared insights from these findings. He then discussed the steps businesses can take to optimize their use and value from self-service analytics with Cindi Howson of ThoughtSpot and Manish Motiramani of Medtronic. Together, they shared their perspectives on:
- Why most tools for data analysts are inaccessible to frontline workers
- How organizations can improve self-service functionality
- How providing users with data insights can help improve productivity and promote action
- The organizational and cultural challenges that surround self-service analytics
- Why improving data quality and trust in data is crucial in helping frontline workers make difficult decisions
Organizations with modern self-service analytics capabilities can enable frontline workers to make faster, more accurate decisions and take actions informed by data.